BFFC meets on the second Thursday of every other month (February, April, from 6pm to 7pm at the City of Liberal Parks and Recreation Youth Center in Blue Bonnet Park, located at 7th & Calhoun Liberal, Kansas
Educate, support and motivate Breastfeeding families, help to normalize breastfeeding while fostering community and environmental support.
To create a community that supports breastfeeding families
1) Development and distribution of magnets with lactation support names and numbers, at Southwest Medical Center (SWMC) – October 2014
2) Community Supporting Breastfeeding pilot site – September 2014 to June 2015
3) Ongoing improvement of community support to Breastfeeding families.
1) Breastfeeding Break and distribution of lactation support information at County Fair – August 2013 and August 2014
2) Breastfeeding Break Station and distribution of lactation support information at Community Health Fair – October 2013 and October 2014
3) Collaboration with Liberal Area Coalition for Families, Southwest Medical Center and Seward County WIC for establishment of lending library of electric breastfeeding pumps at SWMC
4) Development of float and entry into Cinco De Mayo Parade in May 2014. Won second place (pictures attached)
5) Held a fun World Breastfeeding Week Celebration for all members and supporters – August 2014 (picture attached)
Elizabeth Irby (620-624-0467) email@example.com , Susan Lukwago (620-626-4221) and Tiffany Costillo (620-391-1696).
Seward County WIC, Seward County Health Department, Southwest Medical Center, Liberal Area Coalition for Families, La Leche League of Liberal