- Working to increase the number of child care programs that have received the Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Designation.
- Reviewed upcoming proposed changes to KDHE Child Care regulations in the infant-toddler section. Strengthening the language around breastfeeding.
- We had 5 representatives from child care programs on our last call!
- Brenda provided a presentation at the Growing With Children conference which is held each year in Wichita. Also staffed the KBC vendor table.
- Information was shared about the upcoming “How to Support Breastfeeding Mothers & Families” training in Spanish. These are offered through KCCTO (Kansas Child Care Training Opportunities October 5-12. An informational flyer was sent to all members of the section.
The Child Care Section meets on the 3rd Tuesday of odd months from 12-1.