> Child Care Section – October 2023 Update
- Presentation on the Kansas Profile on 2021 Achieving a State of Healthy Weight
- Offered two technical assistance training opportunities for those who work with child care providers. 64 attendees
- A one-page document for child care programs was been completed to provide information about the benefits of breastfeeding
- The “How to Support Breastfeeding Mother’s & Families” training was offered in Spanish through KCCTO. 12 attendees
- A breastfeeding presentation was given at the June Growing with Children Conference in Wichita.
- Continuing to work to increase the number of child care programs that have received the Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Designation. There are currently 31 programs statewide.
- Working in partnership with KDHE to review upcoming proposed changes to KDHE Child Care regulations in the infant-toddler section. Strengthening the language around breastfeeding.
- Gaining more participation from child care programs.