Breastfeeding saves lives and so does investment in breastfeeding. We are committed to ensuring that our investments reflect our mission, vision, and core values. We are so grateful to our funding partners that have invested in this work over the past quarter:
- United Methodist Health Ministry Fund:
- $100,000 – Three-year grant to invest in 12 communities across Kansas to implement a community-selected “One Big Idea” that will impact breastfeeding support in their community
- $25,000 for educational grants to individuals of color to become lactation support providers to build a more diverse lactation support workforce
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO): $40,000 to support continuity of breastfeeding care for Latinx families in SW KS. Activities include Spanish language breastfeeding training, data collection assessment, and assisting a child care program, local health department, and a school district to achieve “Breastfeeding Friendly” designations.
- Kansas Leadership Center: 30 “seats” in their leadership courses for KBC Board, staff and partners. Contact Jennie Toland, KBC Co-Executive Director, at email@example.com if you are interested in a seat for a KLC leadership training. Participants are responsible for their own travel costs.