- The Section learned about:
- Kansas Action for Children – Heather Braum, Health Policy Advisor
- Healthy Kansans 2030 – Susan Lukwago, Steering Committee member
- Kansas WIC will be implementing a new breastfeeding training from USDA for WIC staff, with support from the KBC, in the fall of 2022
- NEW Breastfeeding Friendly Local Health Department designation is being created by KBC and WSU’s Community Engagement Institute with support from KDHE. It will launch in mid-February 2022.
- Reminder to review the recording from the KBC Dec. 3, 2021 general meeting and the KBC Breast Pump handout to help clients with KanCare to obtain a breast pump.
- The Public Health Section meets on the 2nd Thursday of even # months from 11-12 online. Register for meetings here.