- High 5 for Mom & Baby – “Practice Sheets” with resources and ideas to implement the 10 “High 5” maternity care practices
- Baby-Friendly USA:
- Voices of Black Mothers: The Baby-Friendly Experience Fact Report (Uzazi Village, Missouri)
- mPINC Ten Steps Assessment Tool (CDC)
- Kansas Hospital Practices Report (mPINC)
- Discharge Protocol Assessment Tool (USBC)
- Optimizing Postpartum Care (ACOG)
- Breastfeeding Friendly Physician’s Office (ABM)
- Breastfeeding Metrics: Core Measures and Performance Planning (CBC webinar)
- Implementing Skill-Based Breastfeeding Competency Training (CBC webinar)
Hospital Staff Education:
High 5 for Mom & Baby online training – 15 1-hour modules, FREE, search “Kansas Breastfeeding Education” on K TRAIN
Color-Filled Breastfeeding: Clinical Lactation Training Program – Kansas-based program to provide access to clinical lactation training hours for those qualifying to sit for the IBLCE exam.
Dignity in Pregnancy and Childbirth online training FREE evidence-based implicit bias program for perinatal providers (CA)
Together for the Duration – evidence-based formal breastfeeding education for all staff working with pregnant, postpartum mothers and their breastfed infants, delivered through a series of 15 online courses, offering a total of 15 L-CERPs. These online learning courses provide detailed information and education about breastfeeding best practices and implementation in the hospital setting. These courses are designed to provide a comprehensive look at breastfeeding practices, to promote a holistic approach which, when adopted, will align with the Maternity Care Practices in Infant Nutrition and Care (mPINC) survey as well as the main pillars of the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI), a ten-step program designed by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). (from Arizona Department of Health Services, AZ Health Zone, and the Arizona WIC Program).
The Hospital Section meets online from 12:00 – 1:00 pm on the 4th Thursday of odd-numbered months (Jan., March, May, July, Sept., Nov.).
To join, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Section roster. You will receive meeting agendas, reminders, and notes which include access to the meeting recordings.