To order window cling stickers with this image for display in public establishments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Culturally Affirming Resources:
- #LatchedLegacy – video affirming Black families DO breastfeed, from the Wichita Black Breastfeeding Coalition
- “Irth” app (“Birth”, but they dropped the “B” for Bias) – “Yelp-like” platform for the pregnancy and new motherhood journey, made by and for people of color. Search doctor and hospital reviews from your community! Leave a review today to help inform and protect others!
- Maternal Warning Signs – 1 min. video for father and family members to recognize the signs of postpartum complications (Reaching Our Brothers Everywhere)
- Sister-to-Sister: Let’s Talk (Black Mothers Breastfeeding Alliance)
- It’s Only Natural (Office on Women’s Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Health in Her Hue – app to connect Black women to culturally competent healthcare providers, services, and health content
Black Moms Breastfeeding Support Group
Breastfeeding Mafia (Oakland, CA)
Breastfeeding Sisters That Are Receiving Support (BSTARS) (TN)
District of Columbia Breastfeeding Coalition (Washington, DC)
Indiana Black Breastfeeding Coalition
National Association of Professional and Peer Lactation Supporters of Color
National Database of Lactation Support Groups for Families of Color ~ Curated by Nekisha Killings, IBCLC, RLC
Sister-to-Sister, Let’s Talk Breastfeeding (African American handout resource)
Office on Women’s Health It’s Only Natural Campaign
ROSE Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere
“SPEAK UP for Black Women”, Debra Bingham, DrPH, RN, FAAN
Stork and Cradle (New York City, NY)
The B.L.A.C.K. Course – full scope lactation and breastfeeding education course made by and for Black People and folks supporting black breastfeeding.
Uzazi Village – serves the KC metro area
WIC peer counselor video: Teach Me How to Breastfeed
Brothers United – Breastfeeding