Find a local lactation support provider who can support your infant’s feeding needs – Local Breastfeeding Resource Directory
- ABM Statement on Shortage of Breast Milk Substitutes Recommendations from the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine (ABM)
- Milk Banking, Sharing, and Donating (KBC compilation of resources)
- Navigating the US Formula Shortage: A Safe Approach (U.S. Lactation Consultant Association)
- Tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) (Spanish)
- The Magical Process of Relactation (California Breastfeeding Coalition 2020 conference session)
- Formula Shortage: Three Tips & How The Milk Bank Can Help You (The Milk Bank)
- Relactation-Restarting breastfeeding after a gap (Assoc. of Breastfeeding Mothers) (Spanish)
- What is Relactation? Starting Breastfeeding Again After a Gap (Beth Ann Mayer)
- Informal Milk Sharing Guidelines, (ABM) Donor screening & home pasteurization
For more information on infant feeding in emergencies, visit the KBC’s “Breastfeeding During Emergencies & Disasters“.
“Feeding Babies and Toddlers Safely: Update on the Formula Shortage” – an overview of the infant formula shortage by 1,000 Days, U.S. Breastfeeding Committee, and National WIC Association; webinar recording, slides, and additional resources.